Your local NHS dentist in Berinsfield
At Dentalcare Berinsfield, we greatly value the NHS service and all that it stands for. We believe that dental treatment should be available to everyone and for that reason, we are proud to offer NHS dentistry to our patients.
NHS treatment will cover any form of dental treatment that is necessary to keep your teeth and gums healthy. It generally does not cover other forms of cosmetic treatments such as dental veneers or teeth whitening as these treatments are not considered essential to the health of your teeth. Orthodontic treatment and dental braces are free to those patients under the age of 18 who clearly need it.
If you are an NHS dental patient, you are welcome to pay for non-essential cosmetic dental treatments, and we offer flexible finance to help with this.
Book your appointment for NHS Dentistry
The cost for NHS dental treatment in Berinsfield
To make it clear, the NHS have introduced 3 bands of NHS dental treatments. These can be seen as:
Covers an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it also includes X-rays, a scale and polish and planning for further treatment.
Covers all treatment covered by Band 1, plus additional treatment, such as ﬁllings, root canal treatment and removing teeth (extractions).
Covers all treatment covered by Bands 1 and 2, plus more complex procedures, such as crowns, dentures and bridges
Patients entitled to free NHS dental treatment at Dentalcare Berinsfield
You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if you’re:
- Under 18 or under 19 and in full-time education
- Pregnant or have had a baby in the past 12 months
- Being treated in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist (you may still have to pay for dentures and bridges)
- Receiving low income benefits or you’re under 20 and a dependent of someone who is receiving low income benefits
You are entitled to free NHS dental treatment if you or your spouse receive:
- Income support
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Pension credit guarantee credit
- Universal credit and meet the criteria
You can also receive free NHS dental treatment if:
- You are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- You are named on a valid HC2 certificate which is available for people on a low income